DEADLINE: Sunday, September 30, midnight
Submissions are online only.
Eligibility & Terms
• Art in all media is accepted.
• All artwork submitted must be ready to hang or install. Works on paper must be framed and wired. The DSA has plaster and lath walls and uses a hook and rod hanging system for framed works. Works that are 12 pds or less may be hung with 3M Velcro Strips. The DSA is open to creative installation solutions.
• Artists working in new media, film, or video – you may be required to use your own equipment for exhibitions.
• Artists & Curators are responsible for shipping and delivery of work both ways.
Submission Fee: $25
Deadline: Sunday, September 30, Midnight
How to Apply:
• Format proposal/submission as a PDF. PDFs should not exceed 10MB.
• Submit a brief written outline of the proposed exhibition or project (e.g. no more than 250 words), along with supporting material. There is no need to include a proposed budget for the project.
• Label PDF with full name. Example: JaneSmith_DSA.PDF, JaneSmith_DSAProposal.PDF
• Include contact information, address, phone number, and email.
• Format the PDF to include up to 5- 10 images within the body of the PDF.
• Include links to websites, video hosting services (YouTube/Vimeo) and another necessary supporting material
At the Gallery Now: Community & Place
The Dayton Society of Artists is pleased to announce our fall membership exhibition, Community & Place. Come see a wide variety of works done by our members, as well as celebrate our fundraising progress in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) remodeling project for the gallery. All current members received the opportunity to display a piece of their work in the exhibition, and the choice to exhibit at the Front Street Buildings’ gallery. Come join us at both locations during September’s First Friday!
Ohio Arts Council (OAC) Grant
The Dayton Society of Artists was recently awarded a grant by the OAC to help make the gallery ADA compliant. This large project includes new gallery floors, a first-floor bathroom remodel, and back entrance updates. We also will have the joy of working with Spire Arts in 2019 to teach and create art with people with a range of disabilities. With the grant, we are one step closer to completing the financial goals ahead of us, but it is still in the distance. All entry fees from the show go towards closing this gap, and further propelling the gallery towards being a place for everyone in the community.
Sept. 7, 6-9 PM Exhibition Runs Sept. 7 – Oct. 13
Gallery Hours Friday & Saturday 12-5 PM
*See Workshops & Events Page for upcoming DSA Programming.
A collaborate alliance of artists since 1938!
The Dayton Society of Artists is celebrating its 80th Anniversary. The continued mission of the Dayton Society of Artists is to connect, support, and educate artists and the community.
Membership is now Rolling……
DSA Member Brochure