Join our Staff
The DSA is currently looking for a permanent Gallery Director!
Dayton Society of Artists Annually Contracted Part-Time Director
30 hours a week – $15-$16 hour for the first 3 months based on experience and then possible increase to $17-18 hour based on performance
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Location: 48 High Street, Dayton Ohio 45403
Start Date: November 1, 2018 with a two-week paid training with current directors the last two weeks of October.
Send cover letter, three references and CV to:
The Board is accepting CV’s for the position until September 21st, 2018.
The Part Time Director will be thoroughly committed to the DSA mission of supporting local artists and the Dayton arts community and should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. He/she will be responsible for overseeing all activities related to exhibitions, membership, marketing, and programming. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
*Passion, idealism, integrity in support of the arts and a positive attitude; is mission driven, and self-directed.
* Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, with an innovative approach to business planning.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills: a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
* B.A. /B.S. Degree with experience in one or more of the following: non-profit development, arts administration, grants or underwriting, programming, fundraising, and corporate sponsorships.
* Commitment to quality programming and data-driven program evaluation.
* Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach volunteers.
* Ability to forecast budgets for the activities and programs planned, and to work within those budgets.
* Success and experience working with a volunteer board of directors of a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
* Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience.
* Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Gallery Director: email@example.com
Director of Community Relations: Leigh Ann Fulford firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Writer: Jennifer Noren email@example.com
DSA Board of Directors
President: Ann B. Kim
Vice-President: Brianna Fehrman
Secretary: Katherine Cruse
Treasurer: Rick Andrews
Past President: Tina Eisenhart
The DSA is also always looking for candidates interested in serving on our Board of Directors. If you would like to get more involved today or at some time in the future, please contact the Director for more information on joining the Board of Directors.
Member-at-Large: Marsha Pippenger
Programs: Chanda Hunt
Exhibits: Miranda Taylor
Membership: Danielle Rante
Properties: Andrew Wendling
Newsletter/ Magazine: Vacant*
BOARDS are at the heart of all our planning. They bring active ideas to the Board of Directors. Contact the director to find out how you can become involved.
STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE: This committee will analyze the property and administration of DSA and make recommendations towards sustainability of the organization and the 48 High Street Gallery.